According to court documents, a Texas resident was accused of sending violent sexual messages to Indiana Fever actress Caitlin Caitlin. He then drove to Indianapolis.

“Been driving around your house 3x a day,” he messaged her. “But don’t call the law just yet.”

Michael Thomas Lewis (55 years old) from Denton, Texas has been charged with one count of stalking and threatening sexual abuse or death. The crime is classified as a Level 5 felony.

Court documents revealed that the FBI tracked Lewis’ latest messages and found out he lived in Indianapolis. Police said Lewis’ presence in Indianapolis is “particularly concerning” due to the sexually violent messages he sent and his Texas residence.

Lewis said he would go to Indianapolis to watch the WNBA star.

“I’m getting tickets,” he said in one message. “I’m sitting behind the bench.”

The court documents reveal that Clark had been contacted by the police. She said she was afraid after receiving the messages and changed her appearance.

Clark was concerned for her safety after learning that Lewis was in Indianapolis.

Ryan Mears of the Marion County Prosecutor said it takes courage for these women to speak out. It is because of this that so few women speak up.

Lewis was approached by police officers on January 8 and initially downplayed his messages. Lewis told police he was in Indianapolis on vacation. When asked why he posted so many messages about Clark, he said, “The same reasons everyone else posts about her.”

Lewis, who traveled to Indianapolis, claimed his messages were “an imaginary thing,” “a fantasy type thing,” and “a joke.” He claimed they were not threats despite their graphic and violent sexual content.

Mears said that “no one is immune to online harassment. It can escalate very quickly into actual threats of violence.”

If found guilty, Lewis could face up to six years in prison on a Level 5 felony. The prosecution is pushing for a greater-than-normal bond.